Why Do We Need Your Help?
The Ambassador’s Program has been created to raise awareness of our cause and the work we do. Volunteers are absolutely essential to the work of Friends and Families of Special Children and we would not have been able to make the impact at all levels to achieve our goals. We would like your help to enhance our capacity to attend meetings and contact the relevant people at a local level. We are looking for individuals and whole family groups to join our Ambassadors program.
What Will I Be Doing?
- Raise awareness of our charity and our work through talking to your family, friends and colleagues and sharing relevant information on social media
- Share your experiences with a variety of groups, these may be other families, similar to your own, community groups, local businesses or disability and carer strategic groups
- Build relationships with local press, community and business contacts
- Help run information and awareness stands at events, such as conferences
- Help us to develop and plan our activities programme, events and training opportunities for ourfamilies using our services.
- Attending events such as cheque presentations and thanking our supporters face-to-face
- Attend fundraising events
Please note that all events will be in and around your local area with the option to attend events further afield
What We Ask From You?
- We ask that all of our ambassadors have accessed our services for a minimum of six months
- We are asking for long term, but flexible commitment to your ambassador role and this can be discussed with a program co-ordinator
- That you have a passion for the work our charity does and will be willing to share your personal story
- To attend meetings with fellow ambassadors and team members from Friends and Families to discuss the Ambassador program
What Can I Expect To Gain From The Role?
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are making a valuable contribution to the lives of families affected by disability
- You will receive an induction to our charity and relevant information and support for the role
- We will provide you with any equipment and resources required to carry out your role
- Utilising your existing skills as well as developing new ones
- Your will receive ongoing support from a program co-ordinator
- Reimbursement for any expenses incurred (with prior agreement)
- Reference for voluntary work
For more information contact Friends and Families: