Communications and Marketing Lead
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at Friends and Families of Special Children to take ownership of the communications and media functions.
We are looking for someone who is able to develop cross-platform communications that will help to amplify the story of the services we provide, promote existing partnerships, and help to attract new supporters.
You will need to build relationships with the media at all levels, securing the best possible coverage to raise the voice of disabled children, young people and their families.
You will be a key point of contact for colleagues across the whole organisation, providing guidance on communications, messaging and branding to the fundraising, service delivery and senior leadership teams.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with the charity’s founder to define the strategy for developing the profile of the charity.
- Significant experience in a hands-on communications, PR or marketing role
- Highly skilled in developing content for a range of different audiences
- Able to think strategically and apply a methodical approach to design and implement comms plans
- First-hand knowledge of running corporate social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc)
- A track record of developing media relationships, including negotiating and leveraging partnerships
- Experience of managing external suppliers, including design agencies, photographers, etc
- Excellent project management skills from inception to evaluation
- Enthusiastic about getting immersed in understanding the services the charity provides
- Able to develop a clear sense of direction for content, ensuring it embodies the ethos of the charity
- 18 months fixed term contract
- 25 hours a week
- £26k per annum pro rata
- Any offer of employment will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure
How to apply:
Interested applicants should review all items in the application pack.
Applications to be made by email to email@example.com including:
☑ Application form
☑ Copy of CV
☑ Equal opportunities form
Interviews will take place on an ad-hoc basis, via video call, as suitable applications are received. Applications will close when a suitable appointment has been made.